Thursday, May 14, 2009

Flower Beds Update

I just wanted to give an update with the growth of our beautiful flower beds. Eventhough the flower beds themselves were a Mothers/Fathers Day gift to each other, Sam let me pick out some flowers for a potted plant to put on the step for an extra little Mother's Day gift. We arranged the flowers ourselves!

Some of the flowers are doing great! We've had to replace some others though :( We get hot, full sun in our front yard and I guess some of the flowers were just too delicate.
This butterfly bush looks beautiful! We love it. Haven't seen any butterflies yet though...
We repotted the hanging baskets in these pretty ones. I've always wanted these types of "baskets." Only $7 at Lowe's!
When we went to Lowe's on Mother's Day weekend, PNC Bank had a stand outside the front door offering to help little ones plant a flower for their Mommy's. I really thought that was sweet and Ben was so proud of himself. He poured the dirt using a shovel, picked the flower from 3 different types (had to have the pink one for Mommy), and planted it! When we got home, I replanted it in the flower bed next to Daddy's Father's Day gift from 2 years ago. It's the perfect spot!
A close up shot of my perfect little gift.
Just an update of how "bushy" the shrubs are getting!

1 comment:

  1. the flowers look really good, they are growing so well

    ReplyDelete