Friday, May 29, 2009

Chris' GED/Graduation Party

Chris finally earned his GED!! We always knew he'd get it, just weren't sure when! We're all so proud of him. I know he has so much potential for great things in his life. He's really grown into a more responsible, mature young man and I'm so excited to see where his life is going to take him.
Ben loves horsing around with his uncles... or rather they love horsing around with him! I don't know who has more fun with it!
Nicky being all lovey with Uncle Chris.
Ben sure got a kick out of what Uncle Mike had to show him.
Ben's new fishy face. It's such a funny story - Sam was teaching Ben how to move his mouth like a fish and in the process made a random silly face at Ben where he put his hands up to his face (not sure if I'm being totally clear about this...) and Ben confused the 2 seperate faces and mushed them together to create his interpretation of Daddy's fishy face. Maybe you had to be there, but it totally cracked me up!
I made Chris a special cake for this event. It's called Cabin Fever Chocolate Cake. It was so rich and moist and OH SO YUMMY! It's just devil's food cake mix, 1 package of instant chocolate pudding -prepared, chocolate chips, chopped nuts. I made 3 layers so it would be nice and tall (could've even added another layer) and decorated the cake myself! I'm not very good at writing letters but I really enjoyed decorating the rest of the cake!

Yummy cookies & cream crumbles...
Chris showing off his special cake.
Uncle Mike & Mom
Aunt Genie and Ben giving Nicky a hand with his walker.

Chris & Ben reading his cards - Ben says, "Show me the money!"
The rest of the night, if Chris wanted anything from Ben (a hug, a kiss, "I love you", etc) all he'd have to do was "pay" Benny for his love, lol! Ben got so excited holding those bills -and it taught him a new word. "Money!" Josh & Nycki
Mikey & Caitlyn
Me & Kell-Bo-Bell

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS! That is so exciting that he got that done! I bet you are proud

    ReplyDelete