Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gardening

This past weekend, we decided it was finally time to enhance the beautiful walkway that Sam (and Garrison and Clint) laid down this past fall. We've added two flower beds up along side the walkway and then connected up to the ones that were already up against the house. So, now they're basically "L-shaped." So, first here's a pic of before it's finished...
And for a few of my artsy pics... I love taking these types of photos.


I love my new watering pail! Isn't it cute??!
I did all the easy planting in the boxes and hanging baskets... ;)
...while Sam did all the back-breaking work (Thanks so much - I love you honey!)
Sam really wanted me to get a picture of this thing tearing up all the dirt... I know how to say it but not how to spell it... it's a rotatiller?? Feel free to correct my spelling! Haha :)
Nicky had SO much fun playing outside!
It actually got hot enough to pull out the pool! (could you believe though that by today, Ben needed his winter jacket to go back outside? Crazy temperature changes...)
One of many pictures I got of Nicky doing what he enjoyed best outside -EATING DIRT. Hey, it's organic, right?
Ben came over to check out what Nicky was doing. Can you tell he was a little perplexed by Nicky's fascination?
Ben trying to show Nicky that it's ok to play with dirt, just not to eat the dirt!
My silly boy. He had so much fun outside, we had to bribe him with candy at the end of the day to come back inside.
Like I told you, this kid loves dirt. Do you believe me? And from what I've heard, he gets this from his Great Gramma. She used to eat it like it was going out of style! Then again, maybe it's just a boy thing, Ben used to pick out the rocks and eat those.
Playing an upside down version of peek-a-boo. My little cutie...
After studying the flower -very intently... Nicky ate this organic matter too.
And then came to eat Mommy! Oh no -watch out!!! : )
Ben helping Daddy plant the shrubs.
Well, there's more pictures to come once we finish putting the mulch down! I'll post the completed project hopefully by the end of this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so exciting! We had a few nice days of weather too and now it is cold again, I just wish spring were here already so I can plant a vegetable garden! I love the planters idea and can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete